Nazareth Regional High School
475 E 57th St, Brooklyn, NY 11203
Khaki or black dress pants are to be worn at the waist with a properly fitted length, which can be purchased at any store; NO denim, NO stretch fabric, or NO cargo pants permitted. Girls are not permitted to wear leggings or jeggings. Plain black belts must be worn, no designer belts or buckles are permitted.
Nazareth white logo dress shirts are to be worn Monday through Thursday and must be tucked in and ironed. No plain white shirts can be worn. Boys must wear tasteful ties and ties are optional for girls.
Nazareth polo shirts can ONLY be worn on Fridays or at the discretion of Administration. The polo shirts are maroon, pink, or gray (long or short sleeve with the NRHS logo).
Students have the option of wearing the Nazareth V-neck sweater, cardigan or blazer. Students must wear a shirt or sweater with the Nazareth or NRHS logo at all times.
Black dress shoes must be worn. No metals/logos or different colored soles are permitted. Absolutely no boots, sandals, open toe, or high heels (over 1”) may be worn. Neither Uggs nor Crocs are permitted. No Coach, Prada, Balenciaga, branded shoes, etc. Sneakers can ONLY be worn for gym.
Uniform black pleated skirt is to be worn at the knee, but no more than 2” above the knee. Girls can wear their choice of socks, leggings, pantyhose or knee socks at the discretion of Administration.
Students’ hair must be neat, well-groomed, and maintained.
Dress Down/Dress Up
During the year, students are permitted to “dress down” and “dress up” for various occasions such as school trips and special events. The following policies pertain to acceptable attire that can be worn:
- Jeans and non-uniform pants must be worn properly on the waist. Shorts must be knee-length.
- Sweaters, sweatshirts, blouses and knit tops are permitted. No cut-off tops may be worn. No mid-riff skin may show, and tops cannot be low cut. There can be no distasteful expressions written on tops, as per the discretion of Administration.
- No hats or head coverings of any kind are permitted.
- No undergarments can be showing.
- Dress pants, skirts, dresses, blazers, dressy sweaters, shirts, or blouses may be worn as long as they are appropriate in length, and size.
- Students are not permitted to wear designer belts.
Other Dress Code Requirements
- Students are not permitted to wear unacceptable clothing at any time, including days when students are excused from wearing their uniforms.
- Headwear of any type may not be worn in school or around the school premises at any time or at any extra-curricular events. Hats can and will be confiscated. Headbands must be a solid black color and no more than 2” wide.
- Students are not permitted to wear jewelry or accessories that the school deems ostentatious and inappropriate. Such jewelry includes but is not limited to ornate neckwear, belt buckles, finger rings, gold teeth, and facial piercings.
- Jackets and coats must be placed in the student’s locker at the beginning of the day and may not be worn in the classroom or around the school.
- The school reserves the right to prohibit the wearing of any clothing that it considers objectionable, in poor taste, or offensive in any manner.
- Any student with a tattoo must keep it covered at all times in school and at all sporting and other school events.
- Hair should be clean, combed and neatly trimmed or arranged. Unkempt hair is not permitted, and designs on eyebrows are not permitted.