- 98% graduation rate over the past five years
- Over 98% of graduates attend college
- Honors Program and Advanced Placement Courses
- Over $5 million in college scholarship money given to graduates over the last 2 years
- Outstanding co-ed College Catholic Preparatory Program
- A safe, caring learning environment
- Arthur Ashe/SUNY Downstate Pre-Med Program
- Fine Arts Program
- A wide variety of sports and extra-curricular programs including football, boys and girls basketball, baseball, track, softball & volleyball
- Transfer students welcomed at every grade level
- Parents have 24 hour internet access
- After-school homework assistance and tutoring
8th grade students should take the TACHS Admissions Examination, indicating Nazareth Regional HS (Code 006) as first,second, or third choice. We offer a preparatory course for this exam over the five Saturday mornings preceding the examination in November, at a nominal fee. For class scheduling purposes, applicants must also provide their 6th, 7th, and 8th grade and standardized test scores for review. Please contact (718) 763-1100 ext. 224 for test prep information.
In the Spring, parents can set up personal interviews with our admissions staff for an “immediate decision” for your child. You must bring your child’s 6th, 7th, and 8th grade report card to this interview. Nazareth also sponsors two open admissions days where parents can bring their children to Nazareth for an immediate decision. For more information or to set up an interview, call ext. 224.
An interview appointment must be made with the Director of Admissions; a parent/guardian must attend this meeting. Transfer students must present a school transcript, last report card, a letter of recommendation and a discipline report when attending this meeting. Kindly call (718)763-1100 ext. 224.
Scholarship opportunities are available to incoming freshman only. Nazareth offers scholarships based on the student’s TACHS exam results and middle school achievements. If a student did not take the TACHS test, he/she can register to take Nazareth’s Private Scholarship exam (test date TBD). The fee for the exam is $50. The student must register for the exam and bring their middle school grades (6th, 7th, and 8th grade) to be considered for a scholarship.
The Nazareth Catholic High School Scholarship Program (also known as “NAZ CARES”) was initiated to aid Catholic elementary school students who wish to attend Catholic high school, but lack the financial means to do so.
Open Houses are held in October and November. Please visit our website at nazarethrhs.org for more details. Students are also invited to attend “Buddy Days”. During a Buddy Day, you will be paired up with a current Nazareth student who will walk you through a day in the life of a high school student . Please contact the Admissions Office at 718-763-1100 ex 224 to find our more information about these days.